Wednesday, September 17, 2008

TIME OUT!


So since school has started, I have been home alone. I was not prepared for what a transition this would be for me. I have been home for 7 years with children, the last 3 with mine and more! I was completely ready to be done. I am welcome to the change. It is so quiet! I also had expected to have more ME time (I have taken more frequent showers! Yes!). No, I just manage to get things done. But, I have been floundering a bit with everyone leaving me to clean up messes I didn't make and go off on their adventures. So, I decided I needed a TIME OUT! to figure some of this out and re-structure my schedule etc. etc. I grabbed Mom and off we went to St. Louis to the Deseret Book Time Out for Women. We met my friend Corrie there as well. What a great experience. We had a great time. Then Corrie had also gotten tickets for Saturday after the event to a Missionary Fireside at one of the Stake Centers. It was to see the Saints Unified Voices directed by Gladys Knight! WOW! What an experience to be there and witness this amazing calling of hers! Since she was baptized she has been given this calling to travel with this choir and share her conversion story! AWESOME! The choir is to help bridge the gap in cultural differences. There are about 100 members of the choir from all ethnicity. She teaches them to sing some of "our" hymns like African Gospel! WOW! They also sing Hawaiian songs and Latino songs. It is so powerful to see our Gospel being taught to every kindred and tongue! Anyway I was so blessed to get to spend so much time with my wonderful Mother. She is comforting and very calming to have around. My family and Dad were very supportive to do without us for these 4 days! I love you MOM!






3 comments:

Kelly said...

Okay your mother is a hoot. I can tell from those pictures y'all had a blast. I love the first one of you both. So good! I'm glad for you that you got a "time out!" I went to that once in St. Louis as well and it was refreshing and wonderful. I'm glad you're doing great with no kids at home! =)

Spencer T said...

it's so good to see mom.

Spencer T said...

and you look so beautiful!