Wednesday, September 3, 2008

TAWANDA!




Not really! But it was extremely empowering to get to stand among the women in this picture! These are the Sole Sisters mostly compiled of women from my ward. We participated in Run For A Child. Most of them ran the 5K and Several ran the 10K. A couple of us walked(Yes me included) I am hoping to run the 5K next year. I was Proud that we had so many women in our ward that are in this great of shape! Many of these women have had babies in the last 6 months! and some were even pregnant! Very inspiring! I loved being part of this. I have really worked hard to get in shape this summer and it was a great payoff! Now it is time to get ready for Tour De Cure! October 11!


5 comments:

Kelly said...

That is a really cute picture of you! That's great that there was such a big group to go with. How fun! You look great!

Jessica said...

The one in 2 weeks (well, a week and a half now) is in Fayetteville, it's for the JDRF just like the Tour de Cure here in October. I'll see if I can find an email about it.

Spencer T said...

i'm so proud of you! you inspire me. I really need to get out there and work like you've been doing.

Amber said...

That's what it's all about. The best thing about those kinds of events is that each person can set their individual goals, yet you are all together doing something to encourage and inspire each other. All this and you are helping someone else (the kids) too. You can't beat it! You go girls!

Mark said...

I love that picture of you in front of your door. I loved the 5k too! So fun! Can't wait to do it again. BTW, you are looking great!

Maren